So the other day, the RedEye hosted an office puppy from the Anti-Cruelty Society. And I, being a rational and also stupid and maybe overly hormonal human being, went and checked out the Anti-Cruelty Society’s website to look at dogs that are up for adoption.
And then I found this little girl. And she looks just like Ruby, only in smaller, younger, tail-less puppy format.
And today I went to meet her because I’m stupid and lack impulse control and now I’m just fucked because LOOK at this little monster that I love and need to take home with me.
Here are the Pros:
- Holy adorable.
- Generally pretty chill.
- Warms up to people REAL fast.
- Will be BFF with Ruby because Ruby loves puppies.
- Will keep Ruby exercised with her insane puppy energy.
- I’ve already come up with some names for her. :(
- When I got Rubes, she was 2 and already knew some stuff. This one is still a puppy and doesn’t know ANYTHING.
- I will probably have to crate train her. And take her to obedience. And since I work WEIRD hours, I don’t know how that will ever happen because my hours of availability are not the hours that classes happen.
- I’m not home all the time. Rubes doesn’t care because Rubes is a lazy adult but this one is a puppy who needs stimulation and exercise and will go insane in a crate or maybe chew up my house if she’s given free rein.
- I’m also going to Italy over NYE and while my parents are TOTALLY FINE about taking Rubes, they will probably be less fine about Rubes and also a puppy.
- Vet and food bills for TWO dogs.
What say you, internet?